Product Description – Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor
Price – $367.77 on Amazon
Product Specifications –
- Comes with 5 multi function discs and 3 blades out of the box
- 5.5 inch super wide feed chute reduces the need to pre cut most fruits and vegetables
- Includes 2 BPA free processing bowls: 16 cup (3.8 L) large bowl; 2.5 cup (600 milliliter) small processing bowl
- LCD display displays count up and count down auto timer; Voltage 110 to 120 Volts
- Accessory storage box can be stored horizontally or vertically based on storage space; Stainless Steel Blades;Plastic Spatula
Warranty: The Brevile Sous Chef Food Processor comes with a standard 1-year warranty. The motor has a 25-year warranty. A 4 year extended warranty can be purchased for $44.99.
Who is the Breville Sous Chef Food Processor For
This is a very versatile sturdy food processor for the person who routinely uses a food processor to do a lot of tasks in their kitchen. Adjustable blades make this a useful tool for shredding, grating slicing and a lot of food preparation niceties. In particular, food prep for family meals makes this a must buy for the everyday family chef. A programmable digital timer for pulse controls adds a nice feature.
It has two processing bowls – a smaller bowl for chopping things like garlic, small vegetables and green onions. The
larger bowl is great for doing everything else. My favorite use for this processor is for processing chunks of meat. The processor handles these tasks with ease.
A Great Recipe For Your Processor: Ham Salad
A wonderful recipe I often make with my processor is ham salad. Depending on the consistency you like, you can size your ham to your preference. Add ham pieces and chunks of your favorite pickle to your processor and pulse finely without pureeing them. Remove this mixture and add celery pieces, onions (if desired, I use red onion), green bell pepper pieces (optional), and chopped carrots (also optional). You can pulse these in your processor and add to the ham mixture. Some people add things like chopped apple pieces, chopped nuts and such to their salad. I add mayonnaise and a bit of Dijon mustard to the final mix. Work this to a final consistency that you can then serve – delicious!
My Personal Observations
This is a well-built food processor. It stands up to constant use and the motor takes on any tasks given to it, especially the heavier tasks like dough mixing and meat processing. It is a bit pricey for the occasional and single use user – if this is you, please look at my review on the Cuisinart 14 Cup Food Processor. I really love my Breville Food Processor and I promise you will too.
- Very sturdy and flexible
- Comes with two different size bowls for tasks
- Perfect for heavier tasks like mixing dough and processing meat
- Stands up to constant and heavy daily use
- Price is a bit higher and may not be for occasional or light users
If you like quality in your kitchen appliances, this is the food processor for you. I liked this much better than comparable processors I looked at due to its ease of use and sturdiness. Click on over to the product page and get the Breville food processor for your own kitchen. I rate this a 9.8 out of 10. Got something to say about this product or got a comment? Please add it below so others can see it. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.